Book: Android Database Programming
First off – I just wanted to thank you all for making this blog what it is. It’s been great getting your feedback through comments and emails, and I hope this blog has helped you guys in your development ambitions as much as it has helped me!
I’m pleased to announce the publication of my first book, Android Database Programming. It was actually through this blog that publishing company Packt contacted me and asked me to write on the topic.
As for what the book covers, I’ll briefly summarize here:
- Learn about lighter forms of local data storage such as SharedPreferences
- Dive into SQLite databases and learn how to customize and extend them
- Examine various SQLite queries to efficiently query for your data
- Learn to safely expose your SQLite database to external applications
- Understand how to bind your SQLite database to the user interface
- Explore various external databases such as Google App Engine and learn how to store/query data on these external platforms
- Learn to make network requests to both post and get data from your external data store
- Learn to retrieve, parse, and/or cache the incoming web data on the Android application
A sample copy of Chapter 2 is also available for free.
Hope you guys like it and thanks again for all the support. As always, happy coding.